World Mediation Organization (WMO) is committed to the National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 as amended and has developed the following in accordance with this act. WMO understands the importance of privacy and we are committed to protecting your privacy, in addition to the privacy of any information that you provide to us. This Privacy Statement explains our policy in regard to any personal information you might supply to us in the course of our business dealings. This Privacy Statement is relevant to all our business dealings with you, including via our websites and email system and how your personal information may be used. Throughout this Privacy Statement the term Personal Information means information that identifies you as an individual or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained. Examples of personal information are your home address, email address telephone number or your date of birth. We may review and update this Privacy Statement from time to time and we will post any changes on our websites. We encourage you to regularly view the policy statement page to enable you to be aware of any changes that may occur.
Collecting personal information
We collect your personal information only when you have provided it to us voluntarily. We may collect personal information from you when you are requesting information or when you instruct WMO to provide you with consultancy services. You could supply this information through various methods, these could include via electronic submission (email or website), postage or through attendance at any of our offices. We may collect your personal information if you have business dealings (either as a supplier or in the context of carrying out a transaction) with WMO. More specifically, the personal information that we may collect includes, and is not limited to, the following:
- Your name and address, email address, telephone and facsimile numbers
- Your job description and employer details
- The content of any application form you submit
- The content of any electronic forms you submit via our websites requesting information or to provide services
- Any messages or comments you submit to us (via facsimile, email, postage, telephone or in person)
- Information collected when you participate in any surveys (either online or via telephone)
- Your family history and situation
How do we use and disclose your information
WMO does not sell, rent or trade personal information about you. WMO will use or disclose your personal information:
- In accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 as amended
- To provide you with the product(s) or service(s) you have requested
- To communicate with you in respect to your request for information or service(s)
- For the purpose(s) for which it was collected or for related purpose(s) which you would reasonably expect and will consent to
- To provide you with information relating to WMO or promotional details about our services or products which may be of interest or benefit to you.
- To proceed as directed by you in respect of any information or service
Security of information collected
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information provided to us to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. More specifically, the process used to protect the personal information that we may collect includes, and is not limited to, the following:
- Restriction of physical access to our offices
- Restriction of physical access to individual files
- Secured database information in relation to all files and matters
- Secure off site archiving and destruction service by accredited provider
- Secure storage of all file and matter materials
- Electronic firewalls and password access to all electronic storage media
We cannot guarantee that information exchanged via the Internet or other electronic means may not be accessed by people other than the intended party. Therefore if you send any personal information to us via the Internet or other electronic means it is sent at your own risk of disclosure.
Access to personal information collected
If you wish to access personal information we hold about you on our current records, we can provide you with a copy of the relevant information without charge for the cost of providing this type of access to these records, depending upon the amount of burden placed on WMO administration to recover the information. Please be aware that access to other records may incur costs relevant to the recovery of such records dependent upon the burden placed upon the WMO administration to recover such information. We may deny your request in some circumstances. In the event that this occurs appropriate reasons will be given to explain the denial of access.
Accuracy of personal information
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact the Privacy Officer and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Links from websites